An unusable back-up

Is it just me, or is a back-up for your computerized agency less than useful if retrieving anything from the back-up system is too onerous to be attempted?

I really wouldn't want to have to take this position in front of a federal judge who's already showed signs of ceasing to believe anything I or my client had said about the discovery process for the last year or so. I'd expect him to suggest gently that the magistrate he has appointed to look into possibly criminal offenses has got plenty of time and won't find the task onerous at all.

Politically, however, the problem is less daunting. The broadcast news channels simply ignore it, so most voters will never hear about it. Maybe it will get some coverage if someone goes to jail.

4 comments:

Grim said...

I look forward to the appointment of that magistrate.

Texan99 said...

I think one was appointed a while back. This is just new grist for the mill.

DL Sly said...

I wonder if, while they're at it, they can find the definition of "is".
0>;~]

Ymar Sakar said...

The time delay is for the backups to be wiped too.