The 7/32-inch rope arrived yesterday afternoon. I spent most of the evening cutting it into 50-foot lengths, hooking them onto a dowel in doubled lengths of 25 feet, and tying up the long ends into bobbins. Now I've tied knots in the first foot or so. The triangle pattern is a little subtle. I hope I was right about multiplying the feeder cord by three to get the finished length, because I seem to be using up the bobbins alarmingly fast. I may have to bone up on those splicing techniques.
Having discovered how to make my laptop read aloud to me, I've spent the day so far knotting while listening to the articles I'd otherwise have sat and read. Unfortunately, the program can't read a Kindle download, because I can't highlight the text in that format. The artificial voice is mildly annoying but comprehensible. You have to make allowances for its inability to distinguish between noun/verb pairs like PRO-ject and pro-JECT. If it gets too confused by a name, it reverts to spelling.