Come on down

Ted Cruz applies a market approach to Second Amendment freedoms, in light of Chicago Mayor Emmanuel's attempt to bully banks into refusing to loan to gun manufacturers.  To the banks, he suggests moving to Texas, where they can loan to anyone they like.  To the gun manufacturers, he suggests moving to Texas, where we have lots of banks who would be happy to lend to them.  To the Mayor, he notes that the city recently wasted over $1 million in legal fees in an unsuccessful assault on the Second Amendment.
Regardless, directing your attacks at legitimate gun manufacturers undermines the Second Amendment rights of millions of Texans.  In the future, I would ask that you might keep your efforts to diminish the Bill of Rights north of the Red River.
I'm going to like this guy:  Rick Perry with twice the brains.  I really can't say how tickled I am that he replaced Kay Bailey Hutchison.

2 comments:

Grim said...

I haven't seen much of the man, so I'll have to take your report of his intellect on faith. Still, it's a good mode. State-level maneuvers are more likely to be successful.

Miss Ladybug said...

And, I like that he was one of only three "no" votes on Kerry as SecState (along with our other Senator and one of our neighboring Senators in OK).

The Establishment Republicans didn't want Cruz. I am so very glad he was able to force a run-off in the Primary...