I Am Bad News

Here's the trailer for the new 'Kill UBL' film.



Nearly the first thirty seconds are built around a monologue by an American torturer. This is kind of shocking, for a film that has been portrayed all along as an Obama re-election venue. It is one thing to accept that torture exists, and another to accept that your nation practices it. It is something else to valorize torture so much that you make it the introductory speech to your re-election video. This is what the man says, as we pass to a video of him standing before prison bars:

"Can I be honest with you? I am bad news. I am not your friend. I am not going to help you. I'm going to break you."

I doubt many Obama voters read this page. If any of you do, though: is this what you wanted when you voted for him four years ago? This is his work. That means it is yours.

1 comment:

Miss Ladybug said...

I can't tell you how much it bugs me that it is "Zero" Dark Thirty, not "Oh" Dark Thirty. Just asked my dad if he *ever* heard anyone in the military say "zero dark thirty". Nope...