ChinaRant

Signs You've Been in China Too Long:

I happened across this list today while doing some other internet research; but I couldn't resist it. It will probably only be funny to people who have actually spent some time in China, but if you have, it's hilarious.

Several of the items I found funniest deal with the propensity in Chinese culture for people to absolutely refuse to give you a straight answer about anything -- especially if they have any sort of authority.

112. You accept without question the mechanic's analysis that the car is "Broken" and that it will cost you a lot of money to get it "Fixed".

146. In a meeting you say everything will be 'wonderful' and give no details.

219. You think "white pills, blue pills, and pink powder" is an adequate answer to the question "What are you giving me, doctor?"
I think I've related my story about trying to get paid in China. "When will I be paid?" "Maybe today!" Three months later...

No comments: