Pundits

Molly Ivins died on Wednesday, same day Grim posted about that idiot Arkin.

When I arrived home from night classes, I kissed the three kiddoes goodnight (Kaitlin, Emily, and Barrett), walked my two dogs (a Chocolate Lab named Belle and a Great Dane named Max), tried to entice the dogs to eat my wife's cat, and settled in for another hour of hitting the books. Finally, bedtime rolled around so I turned on the news and I crawled into bed and it was then that I heard the good news. For those who have seen 'Boondock Saints', I did the William DaFoe 'river dance' jig and then crawled back into bed.

I've heard that it's necessary to have the extreme ends of both sides in order to better gauge the middle-ground. I don't know if I believe that or not; what I do believe is this lovely piece of gnomic wisdom from the Bubbamal translation of the Havamal:

Bubbamal 22.
And let me tell you about them idiots
who're always laughin' like hyeeners at stupid shit;
they ought to realize that they ain't exactly prizes,
but they ain't figured that one out yet.

I lament the fact that it is only going to get worse as the days wear on.

No comments: