2006 MilBlogs

The MilBlogs Conference:

I'll post a fuller review of the First MilBlogs Conference later, but I will say a few things right up front:

Matty O'Blackfive is a prince of a fellow, and if you haven't heard his story about the wedding, you should make him tell you.

Uncle Jimbo is a really great guy.

Bill Roggio is heading back to Afghanistan (and Iraq, I gather), as you may know. It was good to meet up with Bill, as I've written at his site from time to time.

TC Override has excellent taste in music. He got to the jukebox at Finn Mac Cool's, which is right across from Eighth and Eye, and impressed the whole place.

I met Holly Aho, who is indeed a wonderful person just as you'd imagine; and also the Red Headed Infidel, whose paratrooper stories were almost as good as Matt's. By the way, Doc, I referred her to you for a second third opinion on a Kimber; she's apparently in your neighborhood.

Finally, the officers at Op-For asked me about our own Eric Blair. "Don't you have a guy called Eric Blair writing over there?"

"Yes I do," I said.

"Is he here?" they wanted to know.

As far as I know, he wasn't, so they asked me to pass on this message:

"He comes over and argues with us all the time, and @#$@#, he always knows better than we do. Ask him to say, just once, 'Good post, guys.' Please!"

Consider it done.

No comments: