Defender of the Faith:

My Catholic readers will perhaps be interested in this exchange. I'm not sure why I am always defending the Vatican, however, instead of you guys doing it. Catholicism is a huge religion--there must be some of you out there who'd like to pick up the old sword.

Or, maybe not. I was thinking about it the other night. Having been raised a Protestant, I find Catholicism to be fascinating but impossibly complex and full of endless symbols and rituals that I don't understand. On the other hand, even though I am kindly disposed to the faith, not one of you has ever tried to convert me. No one has ever offered to explain the rituals or the symbols. Why not? Aren't you supposed to be fishers of Men?

Not that I'm planning to convert, mind you. But aren't you supposed to try?

No comments: